Topiwala National Medical College and B.Y.L. Nair Charitable Hospital, shortened to Nair Hospital, was founded in 1921 through the establishment of the National Medical College. Nair Hospital was built in 1925 by Dr. A.L. Nair, who named the medical institution after his late mother, Bai Yamunabai Laxman Nair. The hospital is equipped with 1,300 beds and provides quality medical treatment to thousands of patients each year. We currently have one maternal health project and one pediatric oncology project at this site.
The Foundation's maternal health project at Nair began in September 2015, under local champion Dr. Ching Ling Yi. Dr. Ching Ling Yi is an Associate Professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. We currently support two counselors at this site.